LinkedIn is probably the world’s largest social network for professionals, who provide them a perfect platform to seek out employers and employees. While they do have a functional website and mailing system, it can be hard to keep track of all the business offers, newsletters and general trends. An application specifically addressing this integration is the perfect tool which is required. LinkedIn Pulse is one such app but is limited to Android smartphones and tablets. Thus we need to find a way to be able to run LinkedIn Pulse on our PC. This is where Bluestacks comes in.
Read More: LibreOffice For PC (Windows 7/8/8.1/XP)
LinkedIn Pulse – The App:
LinkedIn Pulse can be thought of as the social network for professionals along with the ability to post and see contents regarding businesses, trends, market stuffs, etc. The articles presented to you are based on your connections in LinkedIn, your interests and general activities such as job posts you have browsed. The contents you browse can be “liked” or “shared” just like Facebook. Curated contents from popular journals such as New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Time, Entrepreneur, Forbes, Business Insider, Harvard Business Review, etc. are available for you to read. Apart from sharing within LinkedIn, other social platforms are also supported i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, WhatsApp, etc. Not to mention the fact that you will get to follow many famous and successful professionals such as Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Arianna Huffington, etc.
The app has a slick user interface and renders the contents in a magazine format. This makes reading the articles extremely easy and without any distractions such as external pictures or ad contents. This also makes it a very useful app if you are a working professional. Let us now have a look the steps involved in order to be able to run this app on your PC.
LinkedIn Pulse For PC:
In order to get the app running on your Windows machine, you will need a third party software that can emulate the Android environment. Bluestacks is one such application that lets you run all Android apps and games on Windows and also lets you access Google play store to download them. The steps can be listed as follows:
Read More: Adobe Lightroom Mobile for PC
- Download the latest setup for Bluestacks for Windows and start the installation. The process will take time as it will download data from Internet.
- Once finished, you will be required to set your default language preference and your Google account (You can use your existing Gmail user ID and password for this).
- Once your sync with Google account is completed, you will land at the home screen of Bluestacks. On the search bar at the top, type “LinkedIn Pulse” and search for it.
- You will be taken straight to the play store page of the app from where you will be required to click on the “Install” button.
- Once the installation is complete, come back to the home screen. You will be able to see the app listed. Click on the icon to launch the app.
With these simple steps you can enjoy being connected to the professional world from your PC.