People often associate PC games with serious immersive games that require you to pour in hundreds of hours in intense gameplay. For people who like casual gameplay, this can be a huge turndown. Smartphones and Tablets are seeing a spurt in casual games with large audience but they are rarely ported to Windows. Candy Crush Saga is one such game which is a wild rave now among casual gamers and can be perfectly enjoyed in a PC. However, to run Android games on PC, you will need the help of Bluestacks. Let’s have a look at the game first.
Read More: Pixel Dungeon for PC
Candy Crush Saga – The Game
The game itself is very similar to Bejeweled – the old time classic. The game is divided into levels where each level has a different difficult level and shape. As a free game, it is bound to have in-app purchases. While Candy Crush Saga has plenty of those, the game itself does not push you right there from the beginning. Everything in the game is designed to keep you playing it and in the process ultimately make you spend on IAPs. The visuals are cartoonish and the sound-track focuses on “sweet” melodies with mostly pianos and triangles.
How Well Does it Play?
Being similar to Bejeweled, anyone can pick up the moves within a few minutes. However, the levels are random at best i.e. the difficulty varies from extremely trivial to numbingly difficult. As you swap candies and “crush” them, new candies fall from top. Levels vary in sizes and contain jelly squares or pieces requiring more “crushing”. This variety keeps the game interesting. There are also power ups which you can purchase with in-game currency or from your pocket. The social aspect lets you post scores in Facebook and other platforms. The power-ups can be unlocked for free if you can level up sufficiently, however, IAPs are not mandatory. Thus the game is “sweetness overdose” and is perfect for quick casual gameplay.
Candy Crush Saga for PC
In order to execute the game on PC, you will need software named Bluestacks. It is an Android emulator which can execute all apps and games and also enables you to access Google play store and install any contents from it. The steps to get Candy Crush Saga for PC are as follows:
- Download the latest Bluestacks setup file for your PC.
- Run the installer which will again download OS images which might take a few minutes (based on Internet connection speed) and installation continues.
- Once finished, the first time Bluestacks asks you to set your default language and other preferences.
- After that, you need to give your Google ID and password (Gmail would do) which will let you sync with Google services.
- Once done, go to home screen and on the top search box, type “Candy Crush Saga” and search for it.
- It will take you to Google play store page of the game and you need to click on the “Install” button.
- Once installation finishes, come back to home screen and click on the game’s icon to launch it!
These simple steps with Bluestacks will make Candy Crush Saga for PC a reality!