Adobe Lightroom is a premiere imaging software from Adobe which aims to improve and let users tweak RAW and processed images from professional camera or otherwise. The software has an excellent desktop client but it is extremely resource intensive and hence needs an workstation environment. However it has an excellent lightweight client that won’t take up all your PC resources – it is the mobile client! While it is released specifically for Android, it can run on Windows as well. How? Bluestacks is the software that can come to the rescue!
Adobe’s Lightroom can be thought of as a watered down Photoshop where you cannot do any kind of destructive editing such as object removal or adding text/object overlays. It has an organizer which can import all the supported files into a single collection for better management. Editing tools include improving contrast, saturation, color hue, red-eye removal, etc. It also lets the users create photo-books and slideshows for photos. Apart from all these, there are options for high quality printing and web publishing with various style presets. The software itself is subscription based and is initially available for a 30-day trial. The mobile version can also sync with cloud networks and Adobe’s own cloud offerings as well.
Having the software on PC:
The mobile client for Adobe Lightroom is currently available for Android which directly cannot be executed on the Windows platform. This is where Bluestacks comes in! It is an Android emulator which can execute all Android apps and games and also has access to the Google play store with full account support. However, you need to follow certain steps to make it work. Here they are:
- Download the setup of Bluestack from here, which is the 1st part of the download.
- The setup itself will further download major part of the program and it will take some time (which depends on your Internet speed).
- When the installation completes, the software launches.
- It will ask for certain preferences such as default language (which you set to your own preference) and your Google account information.
- Input your Google account credentials and submit for verification.
- Once done, you can now access Play Store from Bluestacks such like an Android smartphone.
- Come to the home screen and search for “Adobe Lightroom Mobile”
- When the desired entry appears, click on it.
- It will take you to the Play store where you need to click on the “Install” button.
- Wait for the installation to complete and come back to home.
- Once it is completed, you can see the app’s icon on your home screen.
- Click on it to launch it!
Read More: Dungeon Hunter for PC (Windows 7/8/8.1/XP)
You would like to open your RAW and captured images in the software. Simply navigate to the folders in Explorer and drag and drop the files in Bluestacks – it will provide you with a prompt to select the software to open the file with. Select “Adobe Lightroom Mobile” from the options to open it. And voila! You finally have Lightroom running on your PC!